Call 435-644-2601 or Book Now
5 Best Zion National Park Day Hikes
If you’re gearing up for a trip to Zion National Park, be sure to pack some comfortable shoes! This stunning park features unforgettable sights and over 124,000 acres of pure, unspoiled wilderness to explore on day hikes.
A stay at Parry Lodge is a great way to ensure comfortable accommodations while keeping you close to the action—11 amazing natural attractions are all within a 90-minute drive from the lodge! We’ve rounded up 5 awesome day hikes at Zion to help you plan, and we also encourage you to check out our blog for hiking tips on some of the many natural destinations Utah has to offer. Feel free to reach out with any questions as you plan your adventure!
- Lower Emerald Pool. An easy, hour-long hike along paved trails in Zion Canyon. This trail leads you right to Emerald Pool and some stunning waterfalls or offers a connection to a longer hike to the Kayenta and Upper Emerald Pools Trails.
- Weeping Rock Trail. Another easier hike, this short walk will only take you about 30 minutes to complete but offers wonderful opportunities to get up close and personal with a photogenic natural phenomenon. Depending on the weather conditions, the “weeping” rock sometimes transforms into a full waterfall! You will need to navigate stairs and some steep sections, so this is not an accessible hike for those who use a wheelchair.
- Riverside Walk. Bird lovers, take note: this peaceful hike is just over 2 miles and offers not only fabulous, accessible views, but also ample options to see and hear wildlife near the beautiful Virgin River.
- Hidden Canyon. Not afraid of heights, but want to avoid the massive crowds at Angels Landing? This hike includes switchbacks, drop-offs, and dramatic views. While not appropriate for children, it clocks in at just over 2 miles, so it’s a great option for adult hikers of moderate skill levels.
- Observation Point. If you’re ready for a full day, Observation Point is a must hike in Zion. An 8-mile round trip, this hike will offer truly majestic views of some of the most exciting geological features of Zion National Park, including steep, soaring rock walls and views of the Virgin River.
We invite you to explore all that Zion National Park has to offer from your home away from home at the Parry Lodge. For more information, or to book your stay, contact us today!